Live and Online: Expression Session is a monthly writing workshop which culminates in a featured performance by an internationally recognized artist. For this month, we're happy to present the Writer - Producer - Director: Nia Malika Dixon!
Nia and I had a great time recording her interview for T.H.E. Celebration. We got deep during this one, covering conversations on love, vulnerability, fear, getting out of the box, and the impact of storytelling.
Here's some of my favorite questions that Nia brilliantly responded to:
1. What is your definition of love?
2. What is a story that has impacted your life?
3. What is resiliency and what is healing?
4. Can you expand upon what you mean by, "I'm a 21st century century griot trying to get the narrative of the Black Muslim Women out there."
5. What have been some landmarks and crossroads on your journey to?
Plus, Nia reads poetry from her soon to be released book, A Notebook for Heartbreak. Yes!
Experience some love and expression, join us this Sunday and check out Nia's interview.