This week I sat down with with social justice activist and lawyer, Dermot Givens. We dug deep on current topics, his life journey, and shared a phenomenal dialogue about issues that are prevalent in society today.
Dermot has been an activist his whole life and is also a member of the Black Lives Matter Justice League. He is the first and only lawyer in CA to win a criminal case defending a Black Lives Matter activist.
Here are some of my favorite questions Dermot answered during his in-depth interview:
1. Is it possible to have a fair trail?
2. What is the Black Lives Matter Justice League?
3. What is a person's reaction, when they are serving a life sentence, and they first hear they have been given parole? (Dermot helps people with life sentences receive parole).
4. What legal advice do you have for activists?
5. Do you have any legal advice for entrepreneurs who are getting started?
6. What is a plea bargain and what is its relationship to the prison industrial complex?